Even with consumers spending more and more time on social media platforms, email remains a vital marketing platform for businesses of all sizes. Not to mention, email marketing is extremely cost-effective. You get access to a consumer’s inbox for next to nothing with free e-mailer services and even paid email marketing tools.
But actually crafting an engaging email for marketing to hundreds, thousands, or millions of consumers is time-consuming and often tedious. Email marketing tools were made to take a lot of the pressure of email marketing off the actual marketers. Instead, people can spend their time strategizing and being creative and let the software handle the rest.
The best email marketing tools will be easily accessible and highly customizable. That is, it shouldn’t take a computer science degree to put together a simple email campaign nor should the template be so rigid that you can’t add your own brand assets and unique flare. At a minimum, an email marketing tool should be able to tell you who opened and clicked on each email and what emails bounced. Some small businesses may not need more functionality than that, but as a business grows so should your email marketing platform. Email campaigns are great sources of data on your customers and great email marketing tools will be able to deliver actionable insights.
On this list of email marketing tools, I’ve included everything across this spectrum. Check it out!
The Best Email Marketing Tools: Which Ones Are They?
One of the biggest advantages of choosing MailChimp is that you can upgrade to plans that offer more features once your business starts to grow, which means they grow when you do. With a single platform, you can promote your business across landing pages, postcards, social media, and email so that you get a comprehensive plan that helps your business grow and thrive. Their tools all work together to make your next marketing campaign much simpler, saving you both time and money.
MailChimp offers more than 300 app integrations, top-notch security to protect both your customers’ data and their account, and various tools that can make GDPR compliance both fast and simple. It is the perfect solution for all of your marketing and promotional needs, making it perfect for start-ups, e-commerce stores, agencies, and anyone who needs both web and mobile apps.
1. Allows for much better communication with customers.
2. Great contact database that allows you to import documents if you like.
3. Great email automation to help with your campaigns and promotions.
1. The formatting for your contacts is not as streamlined as some would like.
2. Very limited text formats.
3. If you’re a beginner, the learning curve is long.
There are four basic pricing plans with MailChimp, and they include:
*Free plan: $0
When it comes to email marketing tools that help you in areas such as marketing, sales, and customer service, one thing customers love to hear is the word “free,” and HubSpot offers a truly free version that will remain priced at $0 per month for as long as you have the account. Naturally, you’ll get even more features if you upgrade to another plan, but the good news is that you don’t have to do that until your business gets a little bigger, so the pricing plans grow as your business grows.
HubSpot’s software is broken down according to the type of service you need, including a CMS option that provides SEO recommendations and different website themes, a sales option that offers email automation and tracking, a marketing option that provides analytics and lead generation, and a service option that offers customer feedback, all of which go a long way in promoting your business.
1. As of 2018, there is a live chat feature for users.
2. Very useful whether you sell a product or a service.
3. Flexible pricing to make it affordable for nearly everyone.
1. Lightweight and may not accommodate very large businesses.
2. Some inflexibility within its platforms.
3. Is relatively new and therefore may have some kinks in the program.
HubSpot offers a free plan that promises to be free forever, regardless of the specialized plan you choose. Their specialized plans that aren’t free of cost are described here:
*Content management system (CMS) hub: starts at $300/month
*Marketing hub: starts at $800/month
*Sales hub: starts at $500/month
*Service hub: starts at $400/month
With Omnisend’s all-in-one marketing automation platform, you get all of the tools you need to create and implement great marketing and promotional campaigns that work. You can choose prebuilt automation flows for your e-commerce site, intuitive segmentation features that create auto-renewed and extraordinary segments of your customers, and a simple way to increase your conversion rate by sending just the right message to your segmented customers.
Omnisend also offers all the tools needed by high-growth e-commerce businesses. Because of the super-advanced features, you can quickly turn new visitors into lifelong customers with little effort on your part. You can use either prebuilt or customized automated workflows and even increase the effectiveness of your marketing campaign by utilizing A/B testing, along with many other tools. With Omnisend, third-party integrations are a breeze, allowing you to connect your different apps with the click of a mouse, and these are just a few reasons why this company is so successful.
1. Tons of great templates to choose from.
2. Easy to keep track of what is happening with automations, newsletters, and so on.
3. Live view allows you to see which products are being removed from your cart most often.
1. Some users have considered it a complicated system.
2. Not always as intuitive as some customers would like it to be.
3. Some templates look different on mobile devices than they do on computers.
*Omnisend apparently offers several different pricing plans; however, the specific prices are not listed on their website. You can, however, fill out and send them an inquiry form so that they can provide you with this information.
Yet Another Mail Merge
Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) is a super user-friendly and super-inexpensive way to send out personalized emails to customers, and all you need to get started is a Gmail account. In fact, it works alongside lots of Google tools, making it easy to create the perfect email marketing campaign that will work regardless of your product or service.
If you need to send regular emails to large groups of people, this product is for you. It works regardless of the size or type of business you own and the best part is, these emails will look just like they are coming straight from you.
1. Great tool to create and send very personalized email messages.
2. It is GDPR-friendly and has great analytics.
3. Works great without breaking the bank.
1. There is no mobile-friendly option.
2. The accuracy of its standard reports isn’t consistent.
3. Some of its features are limited.
*YAMM offers a free version and paid plans that start at just $28 per year. The prices, however, are not listed on their website and therefore, you have to contact the company to get this information.
Drip has only been around since 2013 but offers many of the same features as companies that have been around much longer. These include great analytics that help you understand your ROI, marketing tools that help you use your store data to design the perfect customer experience, easy segmentation, and very powerful automation that makes your life as a business owner much simpler. Their form-building capabilities are top-notch, and they offer great email templates that even people who aren’t tech-savvy can use.
When it comes to tracking and reporting, Drip’s dashboard shows page visits, conversions, and subscriptions that goes above and beyond the basics for all business owners.
1. Better-than-average support channels.
2. Excellent visual automation builder.
3. Offers a tag-based structure.
1. Template library is limited.
2. Form-builder is considered inadequate by many.
3. Restricted split-testing ability.
You can get started with a 14-day trial that you can set up without entering your credit card number, and their other plans include:
*500 customers: $19/month
*2,000 customers: $29/month
*2,500 customers: $39/month
*3,000 customers: $49/month
*3,500 customers: $59/month
*4,000 customers: $69/month
*4,500 customers: $79/month
*5,000 customers: $89/month
*The numbers go up from there, stopping at $1,599 per month for up to 140,000 customers. Anything over this number is accommodated but requires a personal consultation with the company.
Email is an important part of your marketing and promotional efforts, and the right email marketing tools can help you grow your business whether you’re tech-savvy or not. With Campaign Monitor, you get a user-friendly product that offers a drag-and-drop email builder that anyone can use without any coding experience, which is just one of the features enjoyed by more than 250,000 businesses and two million marketers across the globe.
With Campaign Monitor, you can create extraordinary campaigns, grow your subscriber list with pop-ups and embedded signup forms, optimize your campaigns with features such as RSS, and even track your results with options such as subscribe and unsubscribe notifications and click maps. Indeed, Campaign Monitor gives you these tools and many others to make all of your advertising campaigns as successful as possible, all at prices you can afford.
1. Tons of templates that look great even on your mobile app.
2. The ability to add professional-looking newsletters, event promotions, and product announcements to your emails.
3. An email builder that helps you utilize detailed adjustments so that every aspect of your campaign can benefit.
1. Cannot include interactive surveys in your emails.
2. No unsubscribe page builder.
3. No landing pages with custom domains.
Campaign Monitor has three main pricing plans, which are described below:
*Basic: $9/month (up to 2,500 emails per month accommodated)
*Unlimited: $29/month (unlimited emails)
*Premier: $149/month (unlimited emails and lots more)
All email marketing tools have to work together to be effective, and the tools Sendinblue offer are easy to work with even if you’re not exactly tech-savvy. The tools adapt to your needs as your business grows and allow you to use the same tools the big guys use, but at a much lower price. Whether you’re an e-commerce business, a startup, an agency, or even a huge corporation, Sendinblue can help your business grow and thrive and allow you to concentrate on other things.
With Sendinblue, you can automate campaigns, track conversions in real time, send transactional SMS texts and emails, and most importantly, get the assistance you need so you can personalize your marketing and promotional efforts, thereby increasing the odds that you’ll be successful.
1. User-friendly and easy to set up.
2. Prices are very competitive and reasonable.
3. Accommodates different types of emails, including newsletters, receipts, and more.
1. Sometimes the interface loads are a little slow.
2. The “reporting” view could be improved.
3. Some bugs and kinks were noted by customers.
Sendinblue offers five different pricing plans, described as follows:
*Free plan: $0/month
*Enterprise: you must contact the company directly for this personalized pricing plan
Constant Contact is a very well-known email marketing platform that is mostly used by small businesses and individuals. In addition to email marketing assistance, they can help you create a great website, use your social media pages to increase your business, and set up an online store so that all of your bases can be covered. With marketing and promotion being an ongoing effort, it’s easy to utilize their numerous tools that work together to attract more customers in the end.
To get started with your email campaign, you get a free email template builder and hundreds of mobile-optimized templates to personalize and make the most out of it. The editing tools are super easy to use and you can even track your success with real-time reports and extraordinary analytics that help you know where you stand at any given point during the campaign. With Constant Contact, you can get started right away and create professional-looking marketing campaigns that work.
1. You can sign up for a free 60-day trial without entering a credit card number.
2. Creates campaigns that look great on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
3.They offer one-on-one consultations for a more effective campaign.
1. None of the flexible and more sophisticated workflows that many other programs offer.
2. Poor price-performance ratio – compared to what they offer, the prices can be considered quite high.
3. Lack of advanced features – more suitable to small businesses and not larger ones.
Constant Contact has two pricing plans.
*One costs $20 per month and is geared toward start-up businesses who want to establish themselves in their industry, and the second one is $45 per month and is made for businesses who want to grow even bigger.
As you can see, there are lots of choices when it comes to selecting the perfect tool for your email marketing efforts. If you need help determining which of these products is right for you, the best thing to do is decide first what you’ll be using it for, then do some research into each product to make sure they offer what you need. Most of these products offer different packages that are personalized and therefore should provide just what you’re looking for.
The last thing you should do is research the companies and read reviews from real customers. Look at the pros and cons to make sure nothing stands out as a red flag. Doing all these things together can help you find the right one for your business.